How to Mind Read Your Customers
Using Insights from Psychology to Increase Sales and Develop Better Business Relationships
Strategies for sales success – using the principles of behavioral psychology.
What’s the most important factor in becoming a successful salesperson? Is it ambition and drive? Maybe it’s enthusiasm. Or, maybe, success in sales just boils down to good old-fashioned hard work.
While all of these things no doubt contribute to sales success, the real key, according to David Snyder, is understanding and knowing how to read different personality types – including one’s own. How to Mind-Read Your Customers, which is based on Snyder’s popular seminar, shows readers how to use the principles of behavioral psychology (made easy and accessible) to master the art and science of salesmanship. Using the book’s wealth of useful ideas and tools, readers will:
- Gain insight into their own personalities
- Identify their strengths and weaknesses
- Gain a better understanding of themselves
- Understand and relate better to others
- Size up people as early as the first phone conversation
- Improve relationships with customers
- Enhance teamwork
- Eliminate mistakes in communication
- Make a great first impression
- Increase sales!
Innovative and empowering, yet down-to-earth and humorous, this book is an invaluable resource for anyone in sales, marketing, or customer service on how to take selling skills to the next level.
“A superb sales guide bursting with refreshing advice and pivotal insights. Snyder truly knows how to get ‘into the head’ of the customer.”
– Dr. Stephen Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
“Assessing customers and their personalities is more crucial today than at any other time. Because of that, I’m actually going to make this book required reading for all our salespeople.”
– Timothy L. O’Connor, Division Manager, EBI Medical Systems, Inc.
“Excellent! A must-read for all levels of sales and marketing professionals, who are scrambling to maintain focus in today’s fast-paced and highly competitive environment.”
– Barbara May, Past Director, Sales and Marketing Executives International
“At last, someone has written a book that is easy to apply to sales, marketing, and customer service. Customers are demanding better service, and the book really provides the framework to deliver and meet their expectations.”
– Bill Bonnstetter, President, TTI Performance Systems Limited
About the Author
David P. Snyder is Chairman and CEO of Snyder, Inc., and specializes in new business strategy implementation and training for a national client base. He also runs businesses in fields as diverse as marketing strategy, sales training, education research, curriculum development, and entertainment.
Series: Using Insights from Psychology to Increase Sales and Develop
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: AMACOM; 1st edition
Published On: 2001-02-15
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 8.9 inches