The 4 Dimensional Manager
DiSC Strategies for Managing Different People in the Best Ways
Based on a proven system that has helped over 40 million people succeed at work
Go 4-dimensional, and manage effectively 4 times out of 4
- Manager: “We have a problem here.”
- Person 1: “Let’s find a quick solution.”
- Person 2: “I know just how we can solve this problem by working together.”
- Person 3: “I need to think about the problem before I can offer you a solution.”
- Person 4: “I’m going to consider this problem from every angle.”
Asked to solve the same problem, four people responded four different ways. If you were their manager, your challenge would be to help each individual find an effective, timely solution to the problem. Most managers would do what comes naturally and use the managerial style that is their “first dimension.” This will work some of the time – but not all the time.
One managerial style can’t help people with four different working styles make the most of their different strengths and overcome their different limitations and roadblocks. In managing others, one style does not fit all. The 4-Dimensional Manager will help you learn to manage different people in the best ways. Through a simple yet powerful self-discovery tool called DiSC, you can become a 4-dimensional manager, able to manage anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Discover your usual managerial style: Dominance, Influence, Supportiveness, or Conscientiousness
- Read the work styles of the people you manage
- Improve communication and reduce destructive conflict
- Find out how the style of your organization affects you and those you manage
Whether or not you have the formal title of manager, if you provide work direction to others, this book will answer pressing questions you have every day, such as:
- When I delegate, how much information should I give, and when and how should I follow up?
- How can I increase this person’s motivation?
- What kind of compliment or reward would this person most value?
- How can I give feedback so it will be understood, accepted, and effective?
The 4-Dimensional Manager provides fascinating insights into individual work styles, practical suggestions, checklists and planners, and a research-based DiSC discovery tool.
About the Author
Julie Straw is Vice President of Sales and Training for Inscape Publishing, the world’s leading independent developer and publisher of research-based personal learning tools for business.
Series: Inscape Guide
Paperback: 120 pages
Publisher: Berrett-Koehler Publishers; 1st edition
Published On: 2002-04-09
Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.5 x 8.9 inches